Monday, August 10, 2009

Getting My Ducks In A Row

Well, I FINALLY have a framework for my provisional patent ready. I'm sleeping on it for a couple of days so I can revisit it with a fresh perspective and make the few changes I've thought of. It's funny how as a young person I was so impulsive, I would have submitted that patent the same night I wrote it. But over time, I've learned to actually ENJOY the marinating time. It's like a bittersweet test. Can I stand to wait, and can I wait to see if I'm satisfied? I just entered into the world of "enjoy sleeping on it" this year. I'm impulsive by nature, so it goes against everything I'm likely to do. I think that's part of the pleasure of making myself wait. I'm sort of disciplining myself and feeling good about it too! :)

As far as the process that takes place after the patent has been filed, well, I've been working, working, working, on that. I've got a web template picked out, a hosting company lined up, a logo in the works (a trade for services deal - you can't beat that!), and I'm working on my manufacturing and packaging contacts right now. I feel God's hand on me holding me back from pursuing this as an active production, but I feel very strongly about doing all my research and getting my ducks in a row so that when the time is right, I'm ready to roll!

In the process, I've found a lot of great resources and I'm mulling over how to connect the world with them. I may be placing permanent links on this blog when I transfer live hosting of poshpodsling.com to my website instead of my blog. Regardless, if you are in the process of looking for a website or a logo, I'm chock full of ideas and resources!

I'm also planning a product shoot in the near future. I've got three models and I'm working on getting wardrobes and products for each of them. I'll be using a local photography studio co-op in Arlington to shoot. I'm so excited to get back into a studio setting to work! This process is so fun and so far, I'm spending $0! God is awesome and He's teaching me how to accomplish all my needed tasks in unconventional ways for a whole lot less than I'm told it should cost. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,Kara i love your blog design and i am looking forward for your product.I would like to ask you a question.I am the one witch fallow Tracy blog and you said there you was chosen for Shark Tank show.Can you tell me please how long was until they contact you from ABC?I did send my invention information in fifteen this month.Did you tell them how much money you need or any other information's or just information regarding your business like they asking for? My email is lumi1128@hotmail.com or you can respond me in Tracy blog.Thank you for your time.Lumi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Kara sory you can respond me in your blog to .Thanks,Lumi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lumi! My name is Rachel, not Kara, but that's ok! ;)

    I applied to Shark Tank, but I never heard back. I did see a few weeks ago that casting was closed, but maybe they re-opened it?

    Best of luck and stay tuned! My site will be an official boutique soon!

    Best Regards,
    Rachel Hardy
    The Posh Pod Sling

    ReplyDelete