Sunday, August 30, 2009

Logos & Website

Well, I'm ALMOST ready to unveil The Posh Pod's new website! I found a lady on Craigslist who wanted to trade my photographic services for her logo design services, but as usual, I found that a time-tested fact still holds true... No one, but no one, knows what I want better than me! Now let me clarify that statement... I did not know what I was looking for logo-wise when I started, but I wanted a few completely different options to get my mind going. Well, as soon as I saw my 3 samples, I knew exactly where I did not want to go, and my gut level feeling (that I had been pushing back for weeks), rose to the surface and I realized I already knew what I wanted. And, apparently, I wasn't going to take no for an answer! :)

So, after requesting a few revisions and realizing that poor Ms. Carol just wasn't ever going to be able to read my mind, I decided to just jump in and do it myself. I have some experience doing logo design for myself and a few other businesses, but the picture in my mind of what I wanted seemed beyond my Photoshop capabilities. I even dowloaded a trial version of Adobe Illustrator thinking I'd try to use that (um, yeah, no such luck... WAY over my head!).

So, I was left with old faithful (Photoshop CS4) and a few hours of silence (because the girls were finally asleep!), so I dove in! And, about 4 hours later, I am just minutes away from my final version. Now, I will say this... (this harkens back to a previous post). Normally, I would have just considered it done, posted it to the webmaster and got my site rolling with my new logo. BUT, this time, I did the marinate it thing and printed a couple of versions, taped them to the wall next to my monitor and have been glancing at them since (4 days!).

What I've learned is:
  1. What my mother always said was true! I CAN do whatever I set my mind to! :)
  2. Input from others is always helpful, but if your gut says 'go with this,' you gotta go with it!
  3. Marinating is a delight!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great!! Can't wait to see your logo. When will you be launching your website?

    Ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ro! I just made new blog post that will answer your website question! :)

    My logo is still in the editing phase.

    I hope you're doing well with the backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I came across your blog through Prodcut X blog. Have you ever used Guru to find someone to do your logo? You can take a look at my logo here. www.MomMeBrand.com. I am also a mom and know how it is to spend time with getting your business going and dealing with kids. You can email me if you like and I can give you more info on ways to save money. ashley@mommebrand.com

    ReplyDelete