Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Submitting My Patent Via E-File

Yes, I know, it's been a week or so since my last post. My day job has been taking a lot of my time... that, and I've started homeschooling my kindergartener. Let's see... how many things can I juggle?

So far, so good, but the Sling has been on the back burner. It seems like every time I have a break and can put some time into it, it's 2am! So needless to say I've been feeling stiffled creatively. But, tonight, I decided to put everything else on hold and dedicate my evening to finalizing my provisional patent application and submitting it.

A shout out to the ladies who have so generously given of their time, resources, and experience as I've been struggling with this portion of my journey. Thank you ladies! I plan to do something special for you in the very near future! ;)

Like I was saying, tonight I dedicated about 5 hours to research and development. I created my hand made sketches, scanned them in (this was more tedious than I thought it would be!), and I completed my coversheet and Specifications. However, I will admit that I really didn't do much formatting research prior to writing my Specifications. That caused me a bit of trouble and panic as I tried to fit my work into the mold. I think if I would have started the other way I might not have written as creatively though... Regardless, it's done, I followed the rules and paid my money, so YIIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! I AM LEGAL and I AM LOVIN' IT!!!!!!

Now I can get to work on my website and product shoot. I have this awesome vision for my product shoot, now to make it a reality... Praise God I can do that myself or I'd be paying a pretty penny for what I want to accomplish.

And, I've also had a breakthrough on the production aspect... I'm going to start out small by employing Americans in my city who are struggling to make ends meet. So, I'll have several people working as contract laborers until I meet the 1,000 minimum order quota from the manufacturers.

Time to get the ball rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment